What would you do if you were a World Leader? At the ISP Virtual MUN students from around the world will come together to experience an educational simulation of a real UN conference, putting themselves in the shoes of global leaders.
From 21st – 23rd May 2021 we will host the first ISP Virtual MUN. While nothing will replace the special experience of being together in the same place, we are partnering with the fantastic team at IMUNA to provide an online experience that recreates the unique environment of an MUN as authentically as possible. We are fortunate to have schools in many countries around the world which makes the ISP Virtual Model United Nations experience a truly international one. The conference is a valuable international and cultural experience for our students to take with them into their future. Beyond the debates it is a unique learning opportunity for our students to meet people from different countries and cultures make connections from around the world and foster long term friendships.
Through taking part in the Virtual MUN students will:
- Practise organisation, leadership and responsibility.
- Develop critical thinking skills about complex global issues.
- Practise research, public speaking, debating, teamwork, negotiation, problem-solving, and conflict resolution.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of geography, history, international relations & diplomacy, environmental issues, traditions, lifestyle and culture.
- Participate in a unique international and cultural learning experience that enables them to interact with other ISP students across the world.
- A 3-day conference taking place via Zoom
- 4 hours of debate each day
- Open to ISP students aged 13 – 18 years
- No participation fees
- Weekly online training sessions in the 10 weeks leading up to the conference
The deadline for registration to the ISP Virtual MUN is Friday 12th March. To find out more or to register, contact the ISP Virtual MUN Advisor in your school: Laura Collins email@example.com